Click a topic to jump to it:
|How do we prevent a Nasal Disorder?
Have you had enough of nasal disorders? Entmags.com presents top tips on how to prevent nasal disorders instead of attempting to recover from its severity. Here, at Entmags.com we believe in taking constructive measures to prevent nasal disorders rather than you searching for remedies that may even worsen your condition.
Tune in with us and stop worrying about nasal polyps or sinusitis!!! …let's begin.
There are several types of nasal disorders, ranging from sinusitis, nasal polyps to snoring. Preventing these disorders is subject to each of their conditions, causes and frequency. For your convenience, we will focus mainly on what you need... and do not need to keep your nose away from all harm.
|How can I prevent Sinusitis?
Sinusitis a common condition that affects around 139 million people each year in the US. Sinusitis is a serious inflammation of the paranasal sinuses that may spread to the Eustachian tube, and as a result cause other complications such as otitis media.
Sounds very serious yeh!! Of course it is. Although it only lasts for a few weeks, sinusitis may inconvenience you, your business and your performance.
You deserve a healthy life, and you cannot succumb to the intensity of nasal disorders. It is for this reason that Entmags.com collects top tips to help you prevent sinusitis.
Here are simple things you need to do to keep sinustis at bay:
- Drink lots of fluids – especially water. Water increase the amount of water in the body and helps to prevent congestion. Drink a minimum of at least six glasses of water each day, this is a good start to healthy living.
- Minimize consumption of dairy products – Too much dairy products, such as cheese, milk and chocolate may thicken mucus and narrow your nasal passages causing pain and headaches.
- Promote good hygiene - Bacterial and viral infections are the most common cause of sinusitis, therefore the risk of getting them needs to be reduced by carefully monitored hygiene such as frequent hand wash with soap and water.
- Take as many hot showers and inhale steam – this will soften your mucus and moisten your throat, enabling proper drainage in the nasal cavity.
- Increase air moisture in your home – Your sinuses drain better when air is moist. Humidifiers and air filters can better increase moisture in the air of your home. Air conditioners are also good way of stabilizing the temperature in either high or low weather.
- Treating allergies and colds - Inflammation in the nose caused by allergies and colds predisposes a patient into having a strong reaction to all irritants. Not only may this cause sinusitis, it may even extend into an ear disorder.
Here are things you must avoid if you want to live a sinusitis-free life:
- Refrain from smoking – Tobacco smoke stop proper drainage of mucus as well causing your sinus to congest. Smoking may further affect your family and people around you.
- Eliminate alcohol consumption – It is amazing how even casual consumption of alcohol can cause nasal and sinus membranes to swell, exposing them to irritation and infection.
- Avoid swimming – chlorinated water can irritate the mucous membrane and cilia (microscopic hair responsible for sweeping mucus). When your cilia become dysfunctional due to an irritation, allergens find it easy to invade your sinus membrane, causing it to swell.
- Avoid pollution - Exposure to polluted environments and contaminated air may irritate the nasal passages and aggravate your sinusitis. Chemicals and strong fumes may irritate your sinus linings. Keep your surrounding as clean as possible.
- Refrain from diving – When water is forced into the sinuses from the nasal passages, you may experience congestion which may also result in an infection.
- Reduce air travel - Air pressure in a plane may aggravate sinusitis. You may feel discomfort in your sinuses when the plane ascends or descends. A bubble of air trapped within the body expands as the air pressure in a plane reduces. This also may result in ear infection.
- Avoid temperature extremes - Very high and low, or sudden changes in temperature will increase sinus pain. In winter season when colds and flu are most frequent, more sinusitis cases were report.
|What do I do with my Sinusitis?
There is no practical way of eliminating sinusitis, but certain exercises and habits may be useful to lessen its severity. There are certain foods that are reported to stimulate the frequency and severity of sinusitis attack. Spicy, starchy and fried foods are top of the list of foods you need to eliminate when you have sinusitis. Other foods include white sugar, rice, white flour, pies and cakes.
Also to be avoided are citrus fruits like lemon, lime, orange and grapes. Certain foods are good for your health, but for sinusitis purposes you will need to eat them sparingly. This includes foods like milk, butter, honey and other dairy products.
You'll further need to eat healthy food. Vegetables and fruits keep you and your family strong and in good health. Do not drink icy or cold drinks. You don't want to worsen your cold. Drinks that contain caffeine such as tea, cola and coffee may cause dehydration. Rather drink herbal or fruit tea instead of those.